ODEON aim to be as open as possible and as non intrusive as possible with the use of our cookies.
Some cookies are only used during your current visit. And some cookies are required to stay on your computer.
15. ODEON uses information collected using cookies and web beacons to help us analyse, develop, manage and market our goods and services, and our communications to you.
16. A "cookie" is a small piece of information placed on your device's hard drive via your web browser. "Session cookies" are temporary cookies which remain on the cookie file of your browser until you leave a website. "Persistent cookies" remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie). The "help" button on the menu bar of most web browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser tell you when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable cookies. More information about cookies is available at www.aboutcookies.org.
17. A web beacon is a tiny transparent graphic image, often no larger than 1 pixel x 1 pixel, that is placed on a website or in an e-mail and used to collect information, often in conjunction with a cookie.
18. ODEON uses session cookies on the Website Mobile Apps and ODEON Social Media to enhance our visitors' experience of the Website, Mobile Apps and ODEON Social Media, and to provide certain facilities on the Website, Mobile Apps and ODEON Social Media. For example, session cookies allow you to carry information across pages of the Website, Mobile Apps and ODEON Social Media when booking a ticket, and avoid you having to re-enter information. We use session cookies to collect information about your device including its IP address (a unique identifier of your device), operating system and browser type. This helps us ensure that content from the Website, Mobile Apps and ODEON Social Media is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device. We also collect information about browsing actions and patterns.
19. We may ask you whether you wish us to provide certain facilities which require the use of a persistent cookie. For example, if you want us to recognise your device and pre-fill some of your log in details to save you time, we use a persistent cookie to do this.
20. If you choose to disable ODEON cookies you will still be able to view the Website, Mobile Apps or ODEON Social Media, but you may not benefit from all the Website, Mobile Apps and ODEON Social Media features on your visits.
Third party cookies
21. Most advertisements on the Website, Mobile Apps and ODEON Social Media are ODEON advertisements. However we may feature external advertiser campaigns from time to time. Please note that if you view or click on these, your device may receive a third party cookie (e.g. so that the advertiser can measure the performance of their advertisements on the Website, Mobile Apps and ODEON Social Media).
22. ODEON may ask or allow third parties to collect statistical data about the Website, Mobile Apps and ODEON Social Media (e.g. for evaluating usage of the Website, Mobile Apps and ODEON Social Media, compiling reports on website activity and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage), and this may involve the use of a third party cookie. ODEON does not control these third party cookies.
24. If you are using Mobile Apps then certain functionality requires location data from your device to work e.g. find my nearest cinema. If you do not want the Mobile Apps to use your location data please change your settings on your device: some Mobile Apps ask you if you want to do this when you download them e.g. Iphone apps or depending on your device others may ask you when you access them e.g. ODEON mobile website. If you change your mind and want to opt out later you will need to change the settings on your Mobile App. Please see the relevant help sections for your device.
25. The Mobile Apps use "remember me" functionality so that when you use a Mobile App it remembers your details which are held on your device. This means you do not need to login if you are an ODEON Première Club member each time you access a Mobile App or insert your details if you have bought tickets from us before via the Mobile App. If you do not want ODEON to use this functionality please alter your settings on your device for the Mobile App. If you are not sure how to do this please refer to the help section on your device.
ODEON Social Media
27. ODEON Social Media may allow you to see your friend's details and contact them. An example of this would be our Event Planner within Facebook. Where this is the case, this function is provided by the social media site provider and not ODEON. ODEON does not hold your friend's details and any messages you send to friends via ODEON Social Media use the relevant social media's functionality and are not sent from ODEON.
Web beacons on the Website, Mobile App and in ODEON's information emails
28. The Website, Mobile Apps, ODEON Social Media and information emails from ODEON may contain web beacons, and we use them in conjunction with ODEON cookies and third party cookies to collect information. For example, ODEON may use web beacons to do the following: count the number of visitors to the Website, Mobile Apps and ODEON Social Media; establish levels of interest in particular items or aspects of the Website, Mobile Apps and ODEON Social Media; or particular products and services available on the Website, Mobile Apps and ODEON Social Media; determine whether you have acted on an email or clicked on a link (e.g. where this is a condition of entering a competition); compile aggregated statistics on how successful a specific marketing campaign or a competition has been; assess whether advertisements or competitions result in purchases being made; and/or understand how popular a particular film or screening is, and how interest levels vary between particular ODEON cinemas.
29. Web beacons do not store additional information on your device but, by communicating with cookies on your device, they can provide us with personal information (e.g. when you have opened an information email from us). If you object to web beacons, we recommend you follow the instructions for deleting and disabling cookies set out above.
Third party links
30. The Website, Mobile Apps and ODEON Social Media may contain links to websites which are not controlled by ODEON. This might include a link in a third party advertisement. The fact that the Website, Mobile Apps and ODEON Social Media provides links to any such website does not mean that ODEON endorses that website or any of the services or products it offers. We are not agents for any such websites or advertisers and we are not authorised to make representations on their behalf (unless explicitly stated). ODEON is not responsible for the privacy practices of any such websites. You provide personal information to such websites at your own risk, and you should check their privacy policies.
32. When you use ODEON Wi-Fi we may collect data about:
a) your device;
b) the volume of data which you use;
c) the websites and applications which you access; and
d) your usage by access time, frequency and location.